We don’t know about you, but this has been a pretty rainy summer so far. In fact, this was the 3rd
wettest June in history. Because of that, outdoor plans have crashed and burned so often, the kids are getting restless. To combat that, we have scoured the internet in search of some creative indoor activities for the kids to do this summer when going outside just isn’t an option.
Balloon ping pong.
Keep the kids entertained for hours with this fun game!
- Paper plates for the kids to decorate
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Masking tape
- Attach the sticks to the paper plates with the masking tape.
- Make a net – this can be as simple as laying a piece of tape across a table to create the dividing line or tape a string across the room.
- Blow up the balloon and you are ready to play!
Let kids unleash their inner ninjas with crepe paper and masking tape!
- Tape the paper high to low down a hallway.
- You want some level of difficulty, but not so much that they won’t want to participate.
See how far you can fling a marshmallow with this simple, fun game.
- 4 Marshmallows
- 7 Skewers
- 1 Rubber band
- 1 Plastic spoon
- Masking tape
- Mini marshmallows
- Make a triangle with 3 marshmallows and 3 skewers
- Form the pyramid using 3 more skewers and 1 marshmallow
- Tape the plastic spoon to a skewer
- Loop rubber band around the topmost marshmallow
- Insert spoon skewer through the rubber band and into one of the bottom marshmallows
- Tape a target in the middle of a table and try to hit the target with mini marshmallows
Some other fun activities include:
- Enjoy a movie day with popcorn and other yummy snacks.
- Built a “superfort” in the family room using furniture, pillows and blankets.
- Break out the board games.
- Bake cookies, allowing your child be the head baker.
- Play a game of hide and seek.
- Host a dance party.
- Play 21 questions.
- Get out the playing cards for a rousing game of Go Fish or War.
Missing some or all of the materials needed for these activities? Marc’s
is your one-stop-shop for all your rainy day needs!
Tell us, how do you spend a rainy day? Sound off in the comments below!