Time flies when you’re hanging out with friends and family! Thanksgiving has come and gone and now it’s time to start decorating for Winter Holidays. Everyone has their usual decorations: a tree, stockings, some tinsel around and small holiday knickknacks. This year, let’s add a few homemade decorations created by the whole family! Add a touch a fun and love to your routine with these two fun and easy to make decorations!
- Washable-Paint Marker
- Drawable/Washable home surfaces
This is the probably the easiest, but totally adorable, décor you can add to your home. Take washable-paint marker and draw on different sized snowflakes onto various surfaces around your home. You can decorate mirrors, windows, glass tables and any other appropriate place you want to make more festive!
- Accessories of your choosing
Spruce up the way you serve your beverages with cute, winter holiday-themed coasters! Simply take colored felt (green, red, white, etc.) and cut out different shapes of holiday shapes. Switch it up with snowflakes, Santa hats, trees, candy canes, menorah and everything in between! Glue your shapes onto another piece of felt and add any sparkles or extra accessories to your creation. Let the glue dry before using and you’re well on your way to serving the most festive drinks around town.
- Peppermint candies
- Metal cookie cutters in shapes of choice
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Toothpicks or skewers
- Twine or ribbon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray the inside of each cookie cutter with cooking spray to prepare for an easy removal from the candy, but don’t overdo it!
- Lay cookie cutters on baking sheet and fill with a layer of peppermints
- Bake for 3-9 minutes.
- Keep an eye on candy as it melts, remove from oven when candies have melted together.
- Lightly coat a toothpick with cooking spray and use it to make a hole in each group of candies.
- Let the candy sit inside the cookie cutter until it re-hardens.
- Once hard, carefully stretch out the cookie cutter, pulling it away from the candy to pop out your ornament.
We hope these fun decorations will become a holiday tradition and add to your parties! The above listed items can be found at your local Marc’s. Be sure to check out our weekly ad