- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb 95% lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Solt and freshly ground block pepper 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Romaine
Toppings: Crumbled cotijo cheese, pico de gollo, diced red onion, diced avocado or guacamole, chopped cilantro, sour cream
1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and soute 2 minutes. Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce hos reduced. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Chop topping ingredients to desired size
3. To prep Artison Romaine, chop root end of romaine off, as close to end as possible. Separate leaves. Double up for serving. For on extra crispy crunch, chill washed Artison Romaine leaves in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before prepping.
4. Assemble Toco cups: Place two closely sized Artison Romaine leaves on top of each other, top with ground turkey mixture and then toppings of your choice.