• Asparagus is a member of the Lily family.
• Asparagus spears grow from a crown that is planted about a foot deep in sandy soils.
• Under ideal conditions, an asparagus spear can grow 10" in a 24-hour period.
• After harvesting is done the spears grow into ferns, which produce red berries and the food and nutrients necessary for a healthy and productive crop the next season.
• A well cared for asparagus plant will generally produce for about 15 years without being replanted.
Marc's Fresh Produce Department stocks the freshest, highest quality Fruits, Nuts & Vegetables directly from the farm to our shoppers! MGI Produce buys our fresh produce from small local farms and from farms around the world. Because we are our own distributor, huge savings are passed on to Marc’s shoppers. We are dedicated to providing outstanding quality at the lowest possible prices.
Marc's is a member of the Produce Marketing Association. PMA is playing a major role in enhancing the safety and security of the world's produce by educating businesses and consumers.
Prices are good 2/25/15 thru 3/3/15
Prices may vary by location
Fresh from the Farm to Our Stores Operating our own facility allows us to react quickly to the needs of the growers and deliver the freshest, highest quality product directly to Marc’s shoppers.
Click Here for more info!